When you use the word "womyn", you insult women.
yourbestbeck: fightingjulia: Etymology lesson! Once upon a time (back in the days of Old English) male humans were called weremen and female humans were called wifmen. Wereman meant “man” (this is still seen today in words like “werewolf”, which of course means “wolf man”) and wifman meant “wife of man”. The -man suffix relates to human. Over time, the were part of wereman was dropped and...
The homophobic billboard in town was vandalized...
fullyanimatedlifetree: And this is why I fucking hate straight people. ETA: OH, AND NOW they pair this story with the story of a gay porn star who murdered someone. They put the images of the vandalized billboard up with that story. FUCK YOU AND FUCK ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS REASONABLE.
Dear every manufacturer of women's clothing, ever:
rubyvroom: lord-kitschener: gothiccharmschool: Faux pockets are an abomination. If you’re going to bother putting pocket flaps on something, add the G-d damn pockets. No love, Jilli And make the pockets deeper, you soulless bastards. There is a special place in hell for people who make those little mini-pockets, the ones that are like an inch deep and won’t hold anything and I...
Quote of the year
zjemptv: “It’s weird how the definition of ‘ally’ has gone from ‘people outside our group who genuinely support us in our quest for equality’ to ‘people who will withdraw their support if they and their feelings aren’t centered in the discussion’.” -electricsouls
but oh, comely: Say it with me now: →
thisgingersnapsback: Dr. George Tiller’s killing was not justifiable homicide, it was murder. Blowing up abortion clinics is terrorism. Defacing and covering abortion clinics in graffiti is vandalism. Chanting “You’re next!” at doctors and clinic administrators is threatening…
Update: 11 year old trans girl lost appeal →
blackenedbutterfly: msamberhazard: msamberhazard: tal9000: transawareness: The above article is an update. Her mother went to appeal to keep her out of the psychiatric ward and lost. She will be institutionalized because of her expression of her gender. She will be held until she conforms to male gender and then released to foster care, not her mother who was supporting her. Please,...
When you’re typing in your password…
but you get it wrong. So you start typing like this…
[trigger warning: rape and rape culture] Rapists...
veegannn: You know the guy who “accidentally” rapes women? The acquaintance who “misreads” the situation and “goes too far”? The longtime friend who genuinely thought you had consented, and is shocked when you tell him that, no, it was rape? Well, we’re not going to take that guy’s bullshit anymore. Thomas MacAulay Millar over at the Yes Means Yes! blog has crunched the numbers on “undetected”...
I’ve seen a ton on the facebooks about “thanking veterans for their service.” As...– An anti-capitalist veteran (via elitc) Well heres a take on it not often uttered or shared (via threezerooo)
I'm the type of person who starts to tear up...
sodamnrelatable: via sodamnrelatable
FBI Investigating Abortion Clinic Violence In... →
[WARNING: ARSON, MISOGYNIST VIOLENCE] just...
strugglingtobeheard: sadademort: whereisyourmoosetonight: tuanthecat: closetospring: from her email: last night, an arsonist torched the office of Women With a Voice, a new orleans-based organization that helps marginalized women: poor women, sex workers, women with substance abuse problems, and transgender women. their supplies and ability to help women have been devastated, and i’ve...
25 DEEP Questions, you fucker. :*
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
18.Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
21.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
22. Are you old fashioned?
23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
24.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
25.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
REBLOG IF YOU'RE A CAT
In the last 10 days, 2 repro health clinics and 1...
iamateenagefeminist: Fucking horrifying.
privileged kids go to counseling, poor kids go to jail.– —judge mathis, speaking the truth (via thatprettyoddfeminist) facts on facts on facts (via dumbthingswhitepplsay)
Obamacare is socialized medicine,” says the Republican Party. No, no — excuse me...– President Obama Should Seize the High Ground - NYTimes.com Actually, Friedman is probably right that Obama should just sell his record … and sell it hard and uncompromisingly. (via cplong)
I want to explain a little..
face-down-asgard-up: abaldwin360: thisgingersnapsback: feministische: puravida-purelife: Me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for about a year now and I recently found out I’m pregnant.. It was the scariest thing of my life.. I was paralyzed with fear. I wish I had the means to keep the baby but I just don’t.. We aren’t ready to be parents and adoption would mean my abusive...